Monday 25 January 2010

Goodbye...

So, I've left Glasgow, after 9 years, 4 months and am en-route to Sudan ( I probably wont get there for another ten days). I'm writing from Dubai Airport where I have a ten hour stop over. Unfortunately I dont have very much else of interest to say, the woman next to me was playing her ipod so loud that I could hear it over mine, it cost $8 for a whopper meal at Burger King and airports are boring. But I'm sure you knew that already. And I made friends with a Malaysian guy who gave me chocolate and kept me company for a while.

My last weekend in Glasgow was fun, apart from the hectic packing up - which would have been a lot more hectic if it wasn't for servant hearted friends. Went go-karting on Saturday evening then had a party at my flat which was a good chance to say my emotional goodbyes...Then on Sunday evening I got a prayerful send off from my church. I've been overwhelmed by the support I've been given from pretty much everyone I know, it's class to know people will be thinking of, and praying for me regularly while I'm away.

No comments:

Post a Comment