Wednesday 20 January 2010

Orientation

This week has been orientation at a manor house near Cambridge. Fun times. We've had a barrage of input on everything from who SIM are and what they do, to what's safe and appropriate to put on a blog like this one (not much, as it happens). Another day and a half to go and then it's back up to Glasgow for the last of my farewells...

It's been pretty good though. I made some new friends and have had the chance to hang out with a couple who were involved in setting up the base that I'm going to be working at which has been really helpful. They've told me stuff this week that it would probably have taken me the whole 8 months to figure out for myself.

It's made me think about things a bit differently I would say, and being around people who are going/have been away for much much longer makes 8 months seem almost trivial. Maybe I'll go for longer some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment