Tuesday 2 February 2010

Sunshine...

Probably my favourite conversation of my trip thus far:

Was out with a couple of Ethiopian friends earlier today and one of them said to me, "Peter (Matheson) says that in your country sometimes you have days where you don't see the sun. Is this true?!?"

Such a thing was inconcievable to him. When I told him we mostly had days where you dont see the sun he was astounded. Welcome to Africa.

The other day we had a visitor wander on to our compound from the Korean restaurant next door:


Don't think I'd ever seen one of them before. So that was exciting, or at least interesting. Other than that there's been a bit of getting organised and a lot of time to do mundane admin tasks, which has also been helpful. It's pretty hot here (pushing 30°C) but it's even hotter in Sudan, approaching the hottest time of the year. That will take a bit of getting used to!!

And that, my friends, is just about all I have of interest to say. In three days I head into Sudan. Cant wait

1 comment:

  1. Salam Kev,

    Loving the banter! Thinking of you and praying you have a good safe arrival into Sudan.

    Sorry we missed you before you went away. had a good time in turkey but not likely to move there so should hopefully be waiting for you in glasgow when you return god willing.

    I've never followed anyone on a blog before so you must be pretty special.

    Love n hugs,

    Adam

    ReplyDelete