Monday 25 June 2012

Some things never change...

Another day, another chance to relive events of days gone by.  Today, I was half way through a job when a Kenyan builder wandered along and told me I was doing it wrong. Thanks for that.  Avid followers of this blog will remember that when I was here previously this was a regular occurence with my right hand man, John Maruti.  Unfortunately he is not the Kenyan builder in question here, although to be honest, Gilbert is the next best thing (He even sounds like John, and uses the same phrases. It can only be a matter of time before I hear "Noooo, not like that Keveen").

In case you are interested, today was mostly spent making windows (I say windows - they have no glass!) for a house for some missionaries here, along with considering cutting my flight back to Dubai particularly fine in order to have a few more days in Doro.  In the words of one of the missionaries here "that sounds completely wreckless, but I think it's cool".  We shall see how that one turns out.  This evening, after regaling you all with my musings I plan to spend some time pondering lifes big question under the stars, which is always fun.  Perhaps by the end I'll have decided to go become a monk...

Unfortunately, today also had some bad events to relive.  Namely, hearing tales from the clinic of two dead children (pneumonia I believe).  In the words of one of the nurses, "there was no need for these children to die".  But such is life here, the incomprehensible happens all the time.  And you just have to get on with it.  Maybe you should come and see for yourself...it has the potential to change your life, or at least to help you realise how good you have it....

No comments:

Post a Comment